Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Like It

I’ve been fortunate to travel a bit and I’ve stayed in all sorts of accommodation. I’ve been thinking lately, what makes a hotel a favourite? Is it the bed, the food, the location or the service? While I don’t have fond memories of El Paso I do of a dinner there, it was in a restaurant of a hotel, just a salad but the freshest leaves and the dressing was made at my table. The best sleep I’ve ever had was in Chicago, it is the first time in my life I have pulled apart a hotel bed to read every label on the bedding. Then there was the best Jazz brunch ever in London, it started mid morning and went till the evening with bottomless glasses of champagne. So many places, so many memories and a lot of unexpected touches - perhaps that is what makes a hotel a favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment